On behalf of the organizing committee, we are pleased to invite you to submit papers and proposals for invited sessions to the 10th IFAC Conference on Control Applications in Marine Systems (CAMS 2016), which will be held in Trondheim, Norway, 13-16 September 2016.
CAMS 2016 will provide an excellent opportunity for the presentation and discussion of research results and development in the areas of control applications for surface & underwater vessels, floating & sub-sea structures, and other marine systems.
CAMS 2016 will provide an excellent opportunity for industry, universities and research facilities to explore the future trends in application of control theory to marine systems, and to establish new and innovative activities for applying advanced solutions to marine systems.
The keynote speakers for CAMS 2016 will include Prof. John J. Leonard (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Prof. Jing Sun (University of Michigan), Prof. Maarja Kruusmaa (Tallinn University of Technology), Dr. Nils Albert Jenssen (Kongsberg), Prof. Zoran Vukić (University of Zagreb), Prof. Mark Moline (University of Delaware).
We look forward to receive your research contributions and we will be happy to host you in Trondheim, the capital of Norway during the Viking age.
Hereby, we invite you to consider setting up invited session (or suggesting your other colleagues to do so); to arrange an outstanding technical program we invite you to submit:
- Contributed papers
- Invited sessions proposals and invited papers
- Pre-conference workshops proposal
- Panel session proposals on topics of industrial interests
Prof. Kazuhiko Hasegawa, International Program Committee Chair, Osaka University, Japan
Prof. Asgeir J. Sørensen, National Organizing Committee Chair, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
Dr. Vahid Hassani, Technical Program Committee Chair, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
Download the Call for Papers at: http://www.ifac-cams2016.com/uploads/3/6/2/5/3625146/cfp_cams_2016.jpg
- Submission site opens: December, 2015
- Invited session proposal deadline: February 15, 2016
- Paper submission deadline: March 21, 2016
Besides presenting scientific research results and technical advances, the conference will provide an ideal platform for students, researchers, professors, leading marine control experts, research facilities, control system developers, marine system manufacturers and industrial end-users to meet and share ideas and experiences on recent work, as well as on new perspectives resulting from recent innovation.
Areas and Topics (including but not limited to)
- Guidance, navigation and control (GNC) of marine vessels and unmanned marine vehicles
- Modeling, identification, simulation, and control of marine systems
- Ship roll stabilization techniques
- Modeling and control of high speed-craft
- Fault-tolerant control and fault handling for marine vehicles
- Intelligence and autonomy in marine systems and operations
- Cooperative navigation and control in marine systems
- Marine robotics and biomimicry
- Maritime safety and security for ports and ships
- Risk and life cycle assessment in marine systems
- Actuators, thrusters, propulsion systems, and sensors in marine systems
- Hybrid power plants in marine systems
- Surveillance and supervision systems in marine applications
- Control applications in aquaculture
- Condition-based monitoring in marine systems
- Applications of autonomous and remotely operated (surface and underwater) marine vessels
- Applications of marine vessels and robotics to environmental monitoring, mapping and surveillance, search and rescuing operations, marine habitat mapping, marine biology and geology, and hydrographic exploration