NFEA – Norwegian Society of Electric and Automatic Control – works with networking, development of competence and increased competitiveness for Norwegian industry. We are also concerned to ensure recruitment to higher education in technology and science.
NFEA has the following purposes:
Promoting specialization and development within automatic control, contribute to funds for education and research.
Contribute to recruitment to this subject.
Increase understanding among politicians of the importance of automatic control and thereby valuing of subject and professionals.
Designed to stimulate co-operation national and international
Be a link between education/research and industry
Members and Membership benefits
- Tie professional network with other people within automatic control
- Update your knowledge within automation/industrial IT
- Profiling of your Company
- Contribute to strengthening the subject`s role in society
- Gives you a meeting place for automation on the Internet
- Access to professional and competence increasing course/seminars
- Access to expert panel – consisting of strong experts
- More than 300 companies and education-/research institutions.
- More than 500 personal members
Courses and conferences
NFEA arranges national courses, conferences and seminars covering important technological areas. The courses are developed by some of Norway`s most prominent professionals in their fields.
NFEAs honorary prize is awarded to individuals who have made an outstanding practical and/theoretical contribution to one or more of the following areas:
- For the automation environment in Norway and NFEA
- For the benefit of society, the development and application of automatic control and/or contributions to the cybernetic theory, in Norway and internationally
- The attitudes and dissemination of knowledge that has contributed to the recognition and publicity for automatic control in Norway
All members of NFEA may propose candidates for the Honorary Award. This shall be done in writing to NFEAs administration.
NFEAs Expert panel
The experts shall contribute to:
- Strengthening and ensure the quality of the NFEAs activities
- Participate in NFEAs arrangements as member of program committees as well as speakers
- Be part of the jury when evaluating candidates for the NFEA price award.
NFEA is NMO (National Member Organization) for Norway in IFAC – International Federation of Automatic Control.